The emergence of COVID-19 has created a new normal. This new normal now require many aspects of life including academia to become virtual. There is a strong indication that soonest, online education will be the mainstay of education in Nigeria and any educational institution that does not brace up will be left behind.
Many educational institutions have now embraced the use of Google Classroom to create assignments, quizzes, and grade students. The primary purpose of Google Classroom is to streamline the process of sharing files between teachers and students.
What is Google Classroom
Google Classroom is a collaboration tool for teachers and students that helps organise and streamline the classroom experience. With just a few clicks, teachers can create a class and add lesson materials, add students to the class, create an assignment and assign it to specific or all students immediately or on a given schedule, and create an announcement for all students.
Google Classroom is designed to help teachers and students communicate and collaborate, teach and learn paperlessly, and stay organized. Google Classroom is part of the Google Apps for Education suite of tools.
TIME LEFT TO REGISTER
The objectives of this training is to:
- Expose teachers to Online Learning Platform: COVID-19 has forced many schools to employ online tools for classes.
- Saves Teachers lots of time: Google Classroom is a huge time saver.
- Teachers Streamline how they manage classes. The platform integrates with Google’s other tools like Docs, Drive, and Calendar, so there are lots of built-in “shortcuts” for classroom-management tasks.
- Digitally organize, distribute, and collect assignments, course materials, and student work. Teachers can also post an assignment to multiple classes or modify and reuse assignments from year to year.
- Communicate with students about their classwork. Teachers can use the Google Classroom to post announcements and reminders about assignments.
- Give students timely feedback on their assignments and assessments. Within Google Classroom, it’s possible to use Google Forms to create and share quizzes.
- Effectively use zoom video conferencing for school online meetings and live classes.
Introduction to Google Classroom
Step by step guide on how it works. Understanding the assignment flow How to create and grade assignments paperlessly on Google Classroom.
Using Google Classroom
Sign in to Classroom, Join a class Change account settings.
Creating and Managing Classes
Add a class, Invite teachers to a class, Set class permissions, Invite students to a class, Remove a student from a class, Remove a teacher from a class Archive a class
Creating and Grading Assignments
Create or modify an assignment, View assignments, Grade and return an assignment
Communicating with your Students and Parents
Post an announcement, Email a student, Email parents, Share to Classroom from a mobile device, Creating self-grading Quizzes using Google Form.
Creating and integrating Diagram, Charts and Colouring using Google Drawing
Zoom Video Conferencing from basic to advance Everything you need to know about subscribing, getting started, and pro tips for getting the most out of your Zoom experience.
Attendance fee: ₦10,000 per participant.
20% discount available for up to 5 teachers from same school
HOW TO REGISTER
Pay the sum of ₦10,000 to the following bank details then send evidence of payment to the contact details below.
Account Name: Niti Resources
Account Number: 0141898253
Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
For further inquiry, please call 08023755992 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org